How it Works
Christy K. Brown
Cindy Bennett Smith
Trang Q. Tran
John Robert Walker
Lisa Angelo, Cipm
- Purchase Price Agreement: Everything You Need to Know
- Types of Offer in Contract: Everything You Need to Know
- Definition of an Offer: Everything You Need to Know
- Confidentiality Agreement Template
- Sample Legal Contracts: Everything You Need to Know
- Cooperation Agreement
- DMCA Notice: Everything You Need to Know
- Staffing Agency Agreement
- Legal Contract Age: Everything You Need To Know
- Security Company Contracts Samples
More Houston Attorneys
- Houston Copyright Attorneys
- Houston Employment Attorneys
- Houston Business Attorneys
- Houston Real Estate Attorneys
- Houston Non-Profit Attorneys
Houston Contract Lawyers
Why Hire a Contract Lawyer?
Contracts play a pivotal role in any business. Unfortunately, the language in contracts is often difficult to understand, and misunderstandings lead to costly mistakes. To make sure you know what you're getting into before you sign on the dotted line, you should enlist the help of a contract attorney. Top contract lawyers are equipped to help you with:
- Business formation agreements. If you are forming an LLC, a limited liability partnership, a limited liability limited partnership, a corporation, or another type of Texas business entity, a lawyer helps you put together the necessary contracts to get your business off the ground.
- Confidentiality agreements. These help to protect your sensitive information.
- Leases. Whether you are leasing a warehouse, office space, or a piece of equipment, you need to thoroughly understand what the lease entails and what obligations it sets out for the parties involved.
- Employment contracts. When you're onboarding new workers, you need to have a general employment agreement ready. You should also have an independent contractor agreement and a non-compete agreement.
- Sales-related agreements . Bills of sale, purchase orders, and security agreements are all part of everyday business, and you must be certain that the documents related to these transactions are in order.
Online services may offer many contracts for free or for a small fee. However, keep in mind that laws vary from state to state. A generic agreement that works in one state may be easy to invalidate in Texas. A lawyer helps to adjust the terms of these contracts and add necessary clauses to protect you and your business.
Lawyers who focus on writing and viewing contracts are known as transactional attorneys. Other lawyers may channel most of their energy into contract litigation, which seeks to settle issues related to breaches of contracts.
How to Find the Best Contract Lawyer in Houston
Houston is a thriving metropolis with many lawyers, but you don't want to pick the first attorney you hear about. The first thing you need to do is make sure that a lawyer is a member of the State Bar of Texas. Lawyers who do not belong to the bar are not allowed to practice law in the state.
In addition to confirming that a lawyer belongs to the State Bar, you should:
- Read lawyer reviews. Turn to a trustworthy site like Martindale.com to discover peer reviews of attorneys. You can also search for complaints made against the lawyer.
- Seek professional referrals. One way to find a reputable lawyer is to use a local lawyer referral service. You may get referrals through the State Bar of Texas, the Harris County Bar Association, or the Houston Bar Association.
- Seek personal referrals. The Houston metropolitan area has more than 122,000 businesses, and over 100,000 of those are considered small. Seek out other businesspeople in the area who have used the services of a contract lawyer before. The attorneys they recommend are worth looking into.
- Read lawyer biographies. A lawyer's biography tells you more than where they went to school. It provides valuable information about the types of cases they've handled in the past. Knowing about an attorney's experience is especially valuable if the contract you need help with deals with a specialized industry.
Before you sign up with a Houston contract lawyer, make sure you understand:
- The law firm's structure. Will you mainly work with the attorney you initially speak to, or will your task be passed off to a paralegal or a junior associate with the firm?
- How the lawyer communicates. Are they easy to reach if you have a question? Also, watch out for attorneys that speak over your head. You want someone who takes the time to explain things clearly to you. Your lawyer should never dismiss or minimize your concerns.
- How billing works. Some firms charge a flat fee for certain services, while others stick to an hourly rate. Also, ask about retainers and extra fees that you may have to pay along the way.
Questions for Your Contract Lawyer
- How much experience do you have with writing and reviewing contracts? What about contract litigation and negotiation?
- Should I give you any extra information about my business to help you review the contract?
- What are common loopholes and traps with this type of contract?
- What kind of timeline are we looking at for what I want to do with this contracts?
- How do you charge for your services, and when will I be expected to make payment?
- How deep will you dig when you're reviewing my contract?
Contracts hold you and your business associations responsible for certain actions. They protect you and help your business thrive. Instead of taking a risk with these vital documents, hire a Houston contract attorney who can help you with writing, reviewing, negotiating, and litigating contracts.
Why use 澳门电竞直播平台 to hire a Houston Contract Attorney?
You always get experienced professionals and high caliber work.
Your work gets done quickly because professionals are always available.
More cost effective
We use technology to cut traditional overhead and save you thousands.
澳门电竞直播平台 has been talked about in:
Money-Back Guarantee on All of Your Legal Work
Applies to all transactions with verified attorneys on 澳门电竞直播平台In the event that you are unsatisfied with the work of an attorney you hired on 澳门电竞直播平台, just let us know. We’ll take care of it and refund your money up to $5,000 so you can hire another attorney to help you.
Legal Services Offered by Our On-Demand Houston Contract Attorneys
The Houston contract attorneys & lawyers on 澳门电竞直播平台 are dedicated to helping businesses save time, money, and peace of mind with contract drafting and review, negotiations, litigation support, discovery, commercial business transactions, and more.
Our independent contract attorneys are available on-demand to provide contract legal services for businesses or to support your in-house general counsel to help lighten the load for transactional matters or litigation support.
Although the work of the Houston contract attorneys found on 澳门电竞直播平台 often varies they are highly experienced in legal contract activities such as commercial contract negotiations, document review in response to document subpoenas, request for production of documents, legal research, draft legal briefs, along with providing a full range of other contract legal services to businesses of any size.
Improve Your Legal ROI with Affordable Contract Attorneys that service Houston, TX.
What Our Customers Have to Say
"澳门电竞直播平台 gives me access to big-firm lawyers minus the big-firm price tag. I work with several attorneys on the platform and there are never surprises...I always receive quality legal work at competitive rates that larger firms simply cannot match."
"Every startup needs to know about 澳门电竞直播平台. We found great attorneys at great prices and were able to focus our resources on improving our business instead of paying legal bills."
"Before 澳门电竞直播平台 it was hard for us to find the right lawyer with the right expertise for our business. 澳门电竞直播平台 solves those problems by being more affordable and helping us find the right lawyer in no time."
- 7 min read
What is a Trade Secret?
A trade secret is any information about a business that could give a competitive advantage to another person or business. It is something that is not generally known or easily obtainable by others which can include confidential manufacturing, industrial, or commercial information.
A trade secret can also be described as valuable and exclusive knowledge that created by the work of a person or a company that has an economic interest in keeping it. This is usually because the owner gains a competitive advantage in the marketplace as a result of the trade secret.
A trade secret is defined very broadly and can include any of the following:
LLC vs C Corp
- 5 min read
Updated October 16, 2020:
LLC Versus C Corp: What Is It?
An LLC is a business entity that is legally separate from its owners, who are known as "members." An LLC can have one member or many members.
A C Corporation refers to any corporation taxed separately from its owners. Unlike S Corporations, taxing of C Corporations occurs twice, once on the earnings and again on the salaries of the owners.
Similarities of an LLC and an S Corp
LLCs and S Corps have several similarities:
- Limited liability protection. In both an LLC and an
Right of First Refusal
- 7 min read
Updated October 28, 2020:
What is a Right of First Refusal?
A right of first refusal, also called a ROFR, the first right of refusal, or a last look provision, gives a person or company the opportunity to start a business transaction before anyone else can. It could provide the first chance to buy stocks or real estate at the same price and terms as another offer. If the holder of the right of first refusal declines, the owner of the asset can sell it to whomever they want.
There's even a ROFR in many child custody agreements. It requires that one parent offer the other parent the chance to watch the kids before using a family member or outside child care.
- 4 min read
Rule 145: What is it?
Rule 145 is an SEC rule that allows companies to sell certain securities without first having to register the securities with the SEC. This specifically refers to stocks that an investor has received because of a merger, acquisition, or reclassification.
When Registration Is Required Under Rule 145
In addition to allowing certain types of securities to go unregistered, Rule 145 also requires that the following transactions must be registered if security holders vote on such transactions:
- Reclassification of securities that will replace one security for a di
- 5 min read
Updated June 28, 2020:
Promissory Note: What Is It?
A promissory note is a legal contract that sets out the terms of a loan and enforces the promise for a borrower to pay back a sum of money to a lender within a certain time period. Promissory notes are one of the simplest ways to obtain financing for your company. They are often basic documents with few formalities. A promissory note written on a napkin could be valid if the required terms are included.
Alternative names for promissory notes include: IOU, personal notes, loan agreements, notes payable, note, promissory note fo